The mountainous region of Northern Vietnam is a land with majestic nature, many beautiful landscapes and unique culture. Trekking is an activity loved by tourists, bringing visitors wonderful experiences. However, to have a safe and complete trekking trip, tourists need to carefully prepare their luggage and health.
1. Trekking dressing
– Trekking shoes: Trekking shoes are specialized shoes for mountain climbing, with good grip soles, helping travelers avoid slipping when moving on rough terrain.
– Trekking backpack: Backpack is the most important item on a trekking trip, it will help visitors carry all the necessary items. The backpack should be sized appropriately for their height and physical condition, with sturdy hip and shoulder belts to help tourists feel comfortable when moving.
– Trekking clothes:
Summer in Northern Vietnam (Apr-Sep): Clothes need to be comfortable and absorb sweat well. Travelers should bring long-sleeved clothes, hats, and sunglasses to protect their body from tropical sunshine. Lightweight Jackets and thin gloves are necessary for forest trail routes.
Winter in Northern Vietnam (Oct – Mar): The higher you go, the lower the temperature. So in winter in the mountains the temperature can be below 10 degrees Celsius. Tourists should bring a winter Jacket, winter gloves, gaiters (leech bite prevention in tropical forest).
2. Trekking supplies
The tools below will help travelers in case they get lost or have difficulty during trekking.
– Trekking poles
– Tent pins and stakes
– Sleeping bag
– Flashlight and LED light
– Sleeping bag liner
– Knives, multi-purpose tools
– Lighter tools
3. Trekking equipment
– Navigation device: Mountain trekking trips are characterized by having to follow the exact route to ensure safety and follow the correct route to reach the destination at the right time. Therefore, tourists need to be equipped with tools such as a route guide map and GPS, a navigation device, a compass, and possibly an altimeter.
– Medical equipment: Medical equipment and tools are one of the indispensable things when trekking in the mountains of Northern Vietnam because the mountain roads are often deserted without houses, so visitors need to be fully prepared to take care of themselves. more dynamic. Includes: Medical kit and basic medications such as headache medicine, fever reducer, stomach ache, diarrhea, pain reliever. There are also insect repellant sprays and personal medications.
4. Identification documents
Whether travelers choose to travel on their own or join Vietnam Customized Tours, they need to bring identification. Remember to keep their documents in separate folders to avoid falling/ theft and make them easy to find when needed.
Types of identification documents that can be brought:
– Citizen identification card
– Driving license
5. Personal items
In addition to trekking items, tourists must bring personal items for daily activities. However, they should only bring the most necessary things to avoid making their backpack bulky and heavy.
– Personal bag: Toothbrush, toothpaste, shower gel and shampoo bag,…
– Insect sprays
– Allergy medication (if any)
– Backup charger
– Towels and toilet paper
– Phone, camera or Gopro camcorder
– Drinking water, food and dry food
Above is the necessary information about preparing for a trekking trip in the mountains of Northern Vietnam. Hopefully